Have you ever wondered how you compare to other guys when it comes to the size of your manhood? Be honest about it! So many men worry that they’re below average and in some instances, such worries can have serious negative consequences.
The average penis size varies from one part of the world to another. In the US, for example, the flaccid length penis ranges from 2.8 to 3.9 inches. Erect length comes in the range from 4.7 to 6.3 inches. That’s probably a lot smaller than what you imagine the average to be.
If you’re still insistent on seeing how you compare to other guys, you’ll have to learn how to measure the size of your penis. While the task is far from the most complex one out there, you will still need to follow a few basic steps to get an accurate measurement.
Measuring The Penis Length
A measuring tape that’s soft is the best tool to use. Some guys also try measuring their penis with a ruler but since it is inflexible, getting an accurate reading may be a bit more challenging this way.
- Begin with your flaccid penis. Press the end of the measuring tape into your pubic bone at the base of your penis. Keep in mind that fat can hide some of your length, which is why you may want to press the measuring tape a bit against your skin.
- Use your other hand to gently stretch your penis away from your body and move the measuring tape along. This way, you will see what your flaccid length is.
- Next, you’ll need to measure the size of the erect penis. This task may be a bit more difficult if your penis gets curved when you’re aroused.
Using a soft measuring tape, however, will make it easy to overcome such a challenge and get a more or less accurate reading.back to menu ↑
Measuring Penis Girth
To measure the girth of your penis, you will need a soft measuring tape once again.
- The circumference is usually taken at the thickest part of the erect penis. You may want to take several measurements to figure out which one it is.
- If you don’t have a soft tape, wrap a piece of string around your penis. Take a note of its length and then place it against a ruler to see what the circumference of your manhood is.
- Be gentle when wrapping the string around and don’t squeeze. Otherwise, you’ll end up cutting your circulation off and you’ll experience some pain.
You may want to measure your penis length and girth a few times and take an average. Chances are that the level of erection you’ve managed to accomplish and a few additional factors will have an impact on your size.
It’s also important to know that age changes your penis size. The penis grows during puberty. In fact, the average size of the penis doubles from the age of 10 to the age of 18. For some men, the growth may continue even after puberty and well into their 20s.
There aren’t that many studies showing how penis size changes with age. One thing to keep in mind, however, is that as a man grows older, they may find it more difficult to get a hard erection. As a result, the size of the erect penis could potentially suffer.
While taking penis size to see how one compares to other men is pure vanity, the measurement could be quite beneficial when it comes to condom selection.
Different condom brands have their size charts that guys can use for the purpose of identifying the ideal size. A properly-sized condom is less likely to slip or break.
Thus, you have to be honest with yourself when choosing protection instead of attempting to prove to the world that your penis is actually bigger than it is.